Aspiring Travel Agents
Are you looking for a new career? Would you like a home-based business in the travel industry? I’m experienced and approachable. Let’s talk about it. Call me NOW.
Important Skills To Be A Home Based Travel Agent
I have been a travel agent since 1995 and I’m still going strong…I love to travel, I love to book travel for clients, and I especially love to see people get into the travel industry.
After my training and a few years of experience working in two different travel agencies, I struck out on my own, moved my office home, where I have been since then. I would highly recommend working from home…it’s a great lifestyle.
With that in mind, I’d like to share some of the personal skills I have learned over the years that will be helpful and important for your success.
Along with your passion, you need these skills…
It all boils down to great customer service:
- Be friendly and helpful – You are, or will be, working in the hospitality industry, and will be working very closely with your clients. These clients are depending on you to help them plan and book their dream vacation. Your warmth and friendliness are their first impressions, and will play a big part in their experience with you and whether or not they will call you the next time they want to travel.
- Be attentive – In order to be helpful in providing your client with the experience they are looking for, you must have great listening skills. Your client needs to feel like they are the most important, and serving them is the most important thing on your agenda. Being attentive to their desires and needs personalizes your service, and will help you stand out from other travel agents.
- Be organized – Because you could be dealing with several clients at a time, it’s important to create an organized way of keeping each client’s information. Nothing turns a client off more than disorganization, fumbling through papers, or losing track of the things you have discussed and planned.
- Be a problem solver – You will have many opportunities for helping your clients out of binds…a missed flight, a lost passport, missing luggage…there is a long list of unfortunate opportunities that could come your client’s way, that you will be able to give assistance for. When they come along, by keeping calm, you will be able to think through the problem and help come up with a solution.
- Be patient – You will come into contact with all kinds of people with all kinds of emotions. It will be your job to help them work through whatever is bothering them, and you will need patience, understanding and good communication skills to be able to do that.
The basics of becoming a Travel Agent
If you’re just getting started on becoming a Travel Agent, I’d like to introduce you to my basic online Travel Agent Training class:
Take College-level classes online, at your pace, whenever and wherever you want. No tests ever.
- 36 Classes of various lengths. Usually less than 30 minutes including 2 Bonus lessons.
- 32 Document downloads to customize to your company’s needs.
- 17 Resource Guides with contact information
There are no training classes like these anywhere. They are created for anyone wanting to learn the travel business at any level.
Take the classes at your leisure, whenever and wherever you want. Come in your pajamas – no one is checking. Enjoy the journey
Click here to learn more about my Travel Agent Training Opportunity.
If you have any questions, I would be happy to talk with you, you can call me at 206-367-7657 or send me a quick email.
Read More Articles from a Seasoned Travel Advisor
The links below will provide helpful information about the travel industry and give you a little insight about Sharon Emerson, your travel advisor.