Makeover yourself, makeover your house, makeover your car.
We hear a lot about “makeovers” on all kinds of TV programs and advertising. Here is a makeover you may not know about. A cruise ship makeover.
I just went on a cruise ship inspection of Radiance of the Seas. Now, normally, cruise ships go into dry dock from time to time to upgrade their hardware (mechanical) or their software (furnishings). But in this case, whole areas of the ship were totally changed. Can you just imagine all the people pouring over the deck plans and trying to figure out what area to move walls to make into a totally different place? Must be a fun and huge project.
This ship is Royal Caribbean’s Radiance of the Seas. She was the first of 4 ships in her class to have this makeover. So what have they done that is so amazing:
8 Brand new restaurants in addition to the alread existing ones.
- The Samba Grill Brazilian Steak House has skewered meats carved at your table
- Rita’s Cantina – A Mexican Restaurant that flows from inside to the outside back deck. Great music and food
- Giovanni’s Tabel- A beautiful Italian restaurant with mouthwatering dishes
- Park Cafe – This was my favorite on the Oasis Class ships. Located in the Solarium it has a small salad bar with fresh ingredients, a beef sandwich bar, delicious small desserts, premade salads and a drink counter open 24 hours. Quite and lovely
- Chef’s Table – Private room with 5* dining and wine pairings with the chef’s narration
- Izumi – A Japanese restaurant with fresh shushi
- Boardwalk Doghouse – What is your dog of choice? Find it here
- Quill & Compass Pub for drinking those special beers
Other new features are the big outdoor, poolside movie screen, new Royal Babies and Tots facility, new Diamond and Concierge Lounges.
Technology enhancements are interactive, in-stateroom TV that allows you to make reservations at functions all over the ship. This feature is now in the hallways – like a GDS to tell you what is happening and where. Flatscreen TVs in all the cabins and Wi-Fi throughout the ship. That is huge for those of us bringing our lap tops.
A beautiful ship, now more fun than ever. Let me book you today.