How to Choose the Right Career For You
Choose a job you love and you will never have to work a day in your life.” – Confucius
Most of us have heard that quote by Confucius many times, and it sounds good, but how do you go about finding that “right career”?
For me it started with the question, do I want to work for someone else (have a job), or do I want to work for my favorite employer, me? I chose me…
Now it’s your turn to decide who to work for…
The biggest mistake that you can make is to believe that you are working for somebody else. Job security is gone. The driving force of a career must come from the individual. Remember: Jobs are owned by the company, you own your career!” -Earl Nightingale
Maybe you like punching a time clock and reporting to your boss, or maybe you’d prefer something different. Being an employee isn’t for everyone. These questions will help you decide if you’re the “boss” you’d like to report to:
- Are you tired of taking orders rather than giving them?
- Are you self-motivated, a good time manager, and don’t need an employer to give you a “to do” list?
- Are you a creative person who likes to run with your own ideas?
- Do you like to be challenged?
- Do you feel confined by the walls of a corporation?
- Would you like to work at your own pace and on your own flexible schedule?
- Are you tired of commuting and would like to work from home or a location of your own choice?
- Are you unafraid of a little risk?
- Would you like to be the master of your own destiny?
- Do you believe you can….?
If you have answered most of these questions “yes”, being your own boss is probably for you.
To choose the career that will make you happy, you need to explore what you like to do…
These are some things to think about with associated careers you might choose:
- What are your interests? They should be things you are genuinely interested in…Such things as:
- Travel…Travel Agent
- What are your hobbies and skills? Take a serious look at the things you like to do and do well. Things like:
- Art…Graphic design
- Computers…Programming or Hardware repair
- Travel…Travel Agent
- What did you enjoy in school?
- Math…Accounting or Insurance actuary
- Field trips – Travel Agent
- What are you passionate about? Passion is much more than interest, it is much more than intense, it is a driving force, such as being passionate about:
- Working with children – Daycare or Tutoring
- Finance – Financial Advisor or Coach
- Serving People – Restaurant Owner, Caterer, Travel Agent
- What kind of lifestyle are you looking for?
- Work at home or wherever you might be – Online Travel Agent
- Will you need more education, but your availability is limited?
- Online Travel Training
My passion, as you may have guessed, is the Travel industry, it can check many of the boxes that lead to finding your “right” career and satisfying your goals.
- You can be your own boss
- You can work from home
- You can travel and help other people with their travel
- You can have fun
For many years I have been concerned about where new travel agents will get their foundation training. Time was when you could go into a brick and mortar office, pour coffee, file brochures, answer phones and listen and learn from veterans. Those days are gone. So now, here is your chance for that training that is so vital.
I’d like to introduce you to a basic training class and invite you to become a Professional Travel Agent. My online training will allow you to work at your own pace and wherever you happen to be. It will give you the foundation you need for your new career.
If you have any questions or would just like to talk to me about this training course, please Contact me.